Sveney Christmas - GrandmasterJ


     There are not a whole lot of options for Christmas themed Sven maps. Step into the shoes of Santa and drop presents (grenades) down the chimneys of the good children.

SCMapDB page

Authors: CubicVirtuoso

Date of release: 2007

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Sveney Christmas

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | December 17, 2023 | 1642 characters

    Well it's that time of year again, at least it was when I wrote this, and that means it's time for Christmas. This fun holiday map has us riding around in Saint Nick's little cart thing and delivering presents to the children, and by that I mean grenades. The map description says it was made in only two hours and the result is a very short and fun map.

    When we were almost at the end of blowing these poor children to kingdom come my teammate suddenly realized that we weren't getting any score for this, I feel like that would have been a big improvement and give the map more of a reason to exist besides filling a holiday theme niche. I also think the sleigh should have had a much higher top speed, this thing is slow and safe so we can really aim those grenades but I wanted to fling my teammate off in a sudden bout of acceleration and I couldn't. After we run out of grenades we have to drive slowly back to spawn.

    It was fun, the map looked pretty good especially the cloudy spawn area. The sleigh was really big and we could drive it around in a very limited fashion. Rearming was a pain but I did have fun trying to get a grenade into the chimneys before my teammate. It's not a bad map to play during Christmas.

Pros:

  • Looks good, great Christmas theming
  • good for practicing grenade throws
  • riding the sleigh was really fun

Cons:

  • rearming on grenades is a bit tedious
  • This map needs a score system

Score: 6.5 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

Dark Seekers - Dunkelschwamm