Central Bunker Remake - GrandmasterJ

 


    This is, of course, a remake of another map by the same name. While it does offer many improvements over the original it also has an unfortunate area that we had to cheat past.

SCMapDB page

Author: GiGaBiTe

Date of release: 2016

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Central Bunker Remake

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | October 9, 2023 | 1537 characters

    The remake of the original Central Bunker does indeed offer much improved optimization and visuals. The map looks great. I didn't see a whole lot of difference in the gameplay, but I did see a much better offering of supplies. I liked the original but rated it a 5 mostly because I thought this one would make it obsolete. But unfortunately there was a section in this map where we had to get past a fan that would inevitably pull us in and turn us to paste. My teammate even looked up a review where the player eventually noclipped past that point, something we had to resort to as well.

    I will say that the map also has a lot more supplies and HEV chargers scattered around. I remember never finding a shotgun in the original map but I definitely got one in this one. There were also some areas with piles of ammo, but some weapons, like the sniper, are very out of the way.

    Try the original map, I had a lot of fun with that despite the lag and there wasn't an impossible obstacle in the way. The remake is a great map otherwise but I can't recommend something that is broken.

Pros:

  • Map looks great
  • plenty of supplies
  • lots of shortcuts
  • lots of armor
  • good map optimization

Cons:

  • a vent that renders the map unwinnable
  • supplies are a bit spread out, later in the map it becomes a chore collecting them all

Score: 4.5 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

Dark Seekers - Dunkelschwamm