Wrath - GrandmasterJ

 

    Get angry! Wrath is a very simple level, in fact the included screenshot shows about half the level. Also the map description says the vortigaunts are endless but after about ten they stopped spawning in.

SCMapDB page

Author: Robootto

Date of release: 2005

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Wrath

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | January 28, 2023 | 1734 characters

    This is a very short map with no game end. Players spawn in a red room with a vortigaunt spawner. It does hurt players the moment they spawn and it does respawn vortigaunts but there is a limit, probably ten or around there. So after we killed all the vortigaunts we tried in vain to break into the window of the room in the middle of the room. I decided to head through what looked to be a doorway and fell down a rainbow colored shaft, then hit a teleporter at the bottom and fell through another shaft. Four shafts in total and then I landed inside the room in the middle of the room. It is full of miniguns which I then pick up and shoot all the windows out.

    That is almost my full experience with this map. The room is red and there are some buttons that turn lights on and off and the room becomes more or less red. There is something on the wall but I can't figure out what it is trying to say.

    There is not too much to this map and I can't really recommend it. The combat isn't good, there isn't really a good use for the miniguns, and the only gameplay element is stumbling through what looks to be a doorway. The visuals were kind of cool. My favorite part of the map was falling through the rainbow tubes because they looked interesting.

Pros:

  •     Some interesting visuals
  •     I liked falling a lot

Cons:

  •     nothing much to do really
  •     the only thing present to unleash the minigun on is a limited respawn groups of vortigaunts
  •     I am not a fan of getting attacked in spawn first thing when I start a map


Score:     3 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?