Satanic Dark Wrath Castle - GrandmasterJ

 


    Welcome to the most evil map of Sven Co-op. Enter the big chompy mouth and then attempt to explore.

SCMapDB page

Author: Robootto

Date of final release: 2005

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Satanic Dark Wrath Castle

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | October 9, 2022 | 3237 characters

    This is a satanic map, I can tell because at one point I opened a room that had the word 'Hell' written out in very long 3D block lettering and above it, on the back wall, was the phrase 'satanic map'. This is definitely the most evil map of all Sven, only a monster would place player weapons individually in vats of opaque water.

    Players spawn in a small courtyard, with the aforementioned vats of water each containing a weapon. There are two doors here, one is locked and I don't know how to open it. The other is a mouth with sharp spikes that absolutely will chomp on players attempted to get past it. Fret not because there is a small hole we can reach with simple and obvious platforming. This courtyard sets the tone for the map, interesting looking but also confusing in design.

    The next room has a pile of spiky rocks, I don't think they do anything. Around the corner is a room with a room in the middle, it has a picture in it that will teleport players Mario 64 style to a hallway with an explosive barrel room. As far as I can tell there is nothing in this room we need, there is a button that blows the room up once but that is about it. I have to suicide to leave this area.

    If we ignore the room in a room we end up in the area behind the locked door at spawn. It has what looks like an elevator that doesn't work and two separate metal hatches that take way too many hits to break. Inside the hatch on the left is a pyramid button that opens up a grate in the hatch on the right. This leads players to a room with a small but long block of 3D lettering that says 'Hell' and a succinct map description. As far as I can tell there is nothing else here.

    I noclipped around and found there is a hallway I can teleport to that leads to a much larger block of Hell lettering. Which in turn takes me to a copy of this big Hell lettering, which leads me to a room with a vortigaunt with a ton of health. There is another room with scientists on a conveyor belt and buttons where players can form a pentagram over an upside down cross. I found a section of hallway floating off in the the map and that teleported me to the scientist pentagram room but I have no clue how to get to that hallway segment.

    The map layout was incredibly confusing and it is very hard to explore and actually find anything. However, I thought the map had a lot of very fun things to look at. The chompy door at spawn had an evil looking face around it, complete with upside down cross in a circle on its forehead. The castle's spiked battlements also looked really good. There were a lot of flashing lights in this level, it was very distracting and gave my teammate a headache.

Pros:

  • Really cool brushwork, especially the chompy door at spawn
  • I found the satanic environment really cute, hail satan
  • you know, I'm just happy I had weapons

Cons:

  • confusing layout, hard to find new areas
  • areas where players can get stuck permanently
  • who puts weapons in individual water tubs?
  • headache inducing flashing lights

Score: 3.5 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

Dark Seekers - Dunkelschwamm