Canal - GrandmasterJ

 


    There are a lot of maps out there where players have to deal with infinitely spawning enemies. This map is yet another one of those but it has a pretty good layout. There is no end to this map.

SCMapDB page

Author: Socrates

Date of final release: 2000

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Canal

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | October 22, 2022 | 1741 characters

    Canal is a simple arena horde map where players spawn in an arena and enemies never stop spawning in. We're well equipped with just a shotgun, mp5, and revolver to take down the headcrabs, houndeyes, and vortigaunts that spawn in the middle of the arena, and the bullsquid and HECU grunt that spawn on the side. There is a small amount of ammo in the corner but players spawn in with quite a bit of ammo to begin with.

    The map is real small and consists of a canal with a small island in the middle that is connected to the sides with bridges. One one side of the map is a ladder that leads to a catwalk that the soldier spawns on. My teammate and I were running around the map easily killing the enemies and saw the soldier come through the door, we discovered a turret inside but an invisible wall blocked us. My teammate immediately screamed "WE HAVE TO GET THAT TURRET!". Then we totally did and it was cathartic.

    The map is real small and offers nothing in the way of variety. But it is cute and I like how the map is laid out. I enjoyed my time with this map but I didn't play more than ten minutes, maybe five, I didn't time us. Play this with a buddy and try to kill that turret, this really isn't a map that should be played for long and I wish the map timer was set much shorter.

Pros:

  • Fun map layout
  • never found myself running out of ammo
  • actually had ammo though, just in case
  • I liked the objective we gave ourselves

Cons:

  • the gameplay gets old incredibly fast
  • it is yet another horde arena map

Score: 6 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?