Barrels - GrandmasterJ

 


    A big room with columns arranged in a grid, between each group of columns is a breakable barrel. Each barrel is worth one point and a door is supposed to open exposing the map end.

SCMapDB page

Author: Unknown

Date of final release: Unknown

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Barrels

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | October 1, 2022 | 1886 characters

    I thought this map was going to be a Mario Party esque minigame where we break a bunch of barrels and I was not disappointed. Players spawn in individual cells that all open at the same time, unleashing players on a large pillared room with tons of barrels in it with some intense music in the background. We had every weapon with full ammo so no worries about firepower. Each barrel awards players one point, at the end my teammate and I both had 54 points, so I guess that means there are 108 barrels in the map.

    I noticed the map has a changelog where supposedly the door to the map end closes right after opening after breaking all the barrels. When I played I never saw a door open and the map never ended. We cheated and my teammate noclipped through the most likely wall, right into the map end and ending the map before we could see anything more. So I guess the map is broken, which sucks. Also the map is bigger than the draw distance so players can see the far end of the room vanish into darkness, including the skybox, walking forward and seeing sky suddenly pop out of a distant flat black wall does not look good.

    I was real into the map, I think the concept is great, a race to destroy the most barrels and get the highest score. This would be a real fun map to see on a server rotation. I do wish the map would end properly.

Pros:

  • Fun concept, race players in destroying barrels for a high score
  • players spawn with all weapons and full ammo
  • the music really elevated the experience

Cons:

  • the map end is seemingly broken
  • draw distance woes
  • I didn't beat my fellow competitor in barrel breaking and I KNOW I had better technique than him

Score: 6 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?