Red Pyramide - GrandmasterJ


     This map only has one room, or two if you count unreachable rooms, with a giant pyramid and a bunch of weapons and ammo scattered around. The only enemies are zombies that fall out of the sky forever.

SCMapDB page

Author: Robootto

Date of final release: 2006

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Red Pyramide

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | July 21, 2022 | 2335 characters

    There is a red pyramid. Like many of the author's (the author is Robootto) other maps this one is avant garde, strange, and somewhat poorly put together. It has an area that players can't reach, clashing textures not meant to be on walls, and true to the map description there is an unsettling sound playing in the background at all times.

    The map layout itself is a large room dominated by a red pyramid in the middle. Players spawn on top of a walkway that goes around the perimeter of the room and has a bridge in the middle to a platform on top of the red pyramid. Zombies fall down from a hole in the wall into a hole in the top of the red pyramid and land in some water and then stay down there doing nothing. There are tons of weapons and ammo scattered around the spawn area, a rare treat in any Sven map. my teammate and I tossed snarks and chumtoads down into the pit, the chumtoads kept the zombies dead pretty much for the rest of the map. At the base of the red pyramid is water, I dived down to explore the water and found it empty, there was a hole into the bottom of the red pyramid but it was empty too.

    There is an unreachable hole below the walkway, noclipping there revealed a trap with a teleport to the zombie pit right in front of a fake button. The walls in this room are not lined up properly so players can see the noob box Robootto has put around parts of the level.

    I really liked the feel of the map, the visuals were strange, the sound was strange, I felt like I wanted to explore this world. But there was nothing there, even the unreachable path teleported me to the bottom of a pit I had already explored. The weapons helped a little but I've played enough Sven that shooting zombies in a pit doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

Pros:

  • Really strange vibe, I liked the feel of the map
  • tons of weapons and ammo

Cons:

  • its a shame the map wasn't fleshed out more, there was nothing beyond the initial impression
  • the only area to really explore was inaccessible
  • teleport to the bottom of a pit
  • I can see the noob box, but I suppose I had to noclip to get into that room anyway

Score: 3.5 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

Dark Seekers - Dunkelschwamm