HS-Desertstorm Zombie Scenario Map-1 - GrandmasterJ

 


    This is a zombie arena map based on Counter-Strike: Nexon. The arena fills with zombies until a big boss zombie shows up. Killing the boss ends the map.

SCMapDB page

Author: Nexon

Date of final release: 2017

Maps in package: 1

Map review of HS-Desertstorm Zombie Scenario Map-1

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | February 6, 2022 | 2181 characters

    This map is made to play like the Counter-Strike: Nexon spin-off. It's got some fun new weapon models, a lot of which are left-handed for some reason, and enemies are used from Nexon.

    The gameplay is pretty standard zombie horde defense. There are a lot of zombies, many different types, and players are holed up in a building. One thing I found interesting was that the wooden boards on the doors never got broken and successfully kept all the zombies out. In the first half of the map my teammate and I were running around shotgunning the various zombies in their assorted heads but by the second we stayed indoors and killed zombies from the safety of spawn. We thought we had to survive but really we just had to shoot the right zombie to win. The boss is a very large version of the large fat man zombie. We shot him from inside the house with all our weapons until he died and the map instantly ended.

    There are no ammo drops, but players do have health kits. Neither my teammate or I died once on this map, it just seems like there is no real challenge. I felt like we would run out of ammo and would have to die to get it all back. It was unclear in the beginning if the hordes of zombies were never-ending or not. It wasn't until the map ended abruptly after that zombie died that we knew there was an end to the horde.

    Also there are missing models, from the screenshots it looks like the trees.

    I like where this map was going with its premise. I liked the Nexon guns and enemies. But we killed the last boss with zero danger to ourselves. I don't know if this is a port of a Nexon map but I feel like the spawn area killed any sense of a challenge, I was worried about how much ammo I would need to sink into this guy, not any danger to myself.

Pros:

  • I liked all the custom Nexon content.
  • the guns felt good, enemies felt dangerous, it was fun killing the zombies

Cons:

  • Somewhat anti-climactic ending
  • easy to cheese the last boss

Score: 5 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

Dark Seekers - Dunkelschwamm