Inflight - GrandmasterJ

 


    Inflight is a small map with a simple concept. Players spawn in a destructible plane and alien controllers surround the plane and attack the players, damaging the plane in the process. Defend the plane until time runs out.

SCMapDB page

Author: Unknown

Date of final release: 2003

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Inflight

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | November 28, 2021 | 1166 characters

    I had no expectations going in and all of them were met. This map is a fun little gimmick where the entire level is destructible and you have to survive and protect the airplane.

    It was a little frustrating at first but then we started to experiment with climbing outside the plane and blowing out windows and it we got really into it. My teammate found the winning strategy, suicide immediately and stay dead and the alien controllers won't shoot at you. I'm reviewing this as I play, laying dead on the floor watching the timer count up. The game lasts for 8 minutes. My plane wasn't even damaged at all.

    The level feels like a tech demo instead of a full map, but the gimmick is really fun and I'm totally into it. With a little more polish this could be one of my favorites.

Pros:

  • Fun gimmick
  • fully destructible environment is very fun
  • easy to cheese :)

Cons:

  • If taken seriously can probably get frustrating
  • easy to cheese :(

Score: 7.5 / 10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?