High Rise - Dunkelschwamm

 


    High Rise is a map that takes place in a high rise of all places. Both aliens and humans (terrorists going off the map description) have invaded the tower and it is up to you to clear them out.

SCMapDB page

Author: TruckStopSantaClaus

Date of final release: 2020

Maps in package: 1

Map review of High Rise

(originally posted on SCMapDB) 

by dunkelschwamm | November 28, 2021 | 1499 characters

    There's not much I have to say about high-rise because, to be completely honest, I feel like I forgot most of the map shortly after playing it. There are some neat bits of brushwork here and there, especially a stationery fighter jet at the beginning of the map. I felt the map had odd invisible wall placement that made movement that seemed intuitive impossible. For the most part it felt painfully vanilla.

    One aspect that I appreciated about this map was that there were moving spawn points to keep respawning players close to the action. This kept things moving at a steady pace and didn't make me feel like my time was being wasted.

    You spend the map moving forward against waves of mostly grunts. There's not a very clear direction for what the player is hoping to accomplish, but by moving through the doors which are suddenly opened you tend to find your way.

    If you're running a server with lots of standalone action maps, I think this could fit well in a robust rotation. I guess the way I would put it is that it gets the job done.

Pros:

  • Fun combat scenarios where heavy weapons are used to push back heavy resistance.
  • Checkpoints.
  • Consistent quality work throughout.

Cons:

  • Very forgettable, vanilla experience for the most part.
  • Weird clip placements.

Score: 6 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm