Alien Sex Fiend - GrandmasterJ

 


    With a name like Alien Sex Fiend this map sounds like it would be a wild ride. It certainly does look weird and interesting but it's far less of a ride, much less a wild one, that you would think.


Author: Robootto

Date of final release: 2004

Maps in package: 1

Map review of Alien Sex Fiend

(originally posted on SCMapDB) 

by GrandmasterJ | December 11, 2021 | 1607 characters

    I'm going to level with you, I hate the ramp at the very beginning of the level so much that it is the sole reason I will not try to complete this map.

    The map started and I was already getting attacked, not fun and not a good sign of level quality. It picked up considerably when I killed a bunch of bullsquids with snarks. But then the bullsquids were dead and I had to walk up a ramp to the next area. The ramp is just barely steep enough to climb, albeit very slowly. I kept thinking I had to take a running start or jumping, this is wrong. Just walk forward, as straight as you can go. Progress may be close to imperceptible but if you keep at it you can get over that ramp. This is the first room.

    After that is a gonarch, thankfully trapped, in a hallway and some zombies. At the end of this hallway is a glass wall and Mario. I don't really know how to progress at this point. I came to this site to review the map when I noticed the screenshots had a ton of rooms we didn't explore. I've already quit Sven, I'm not going to go up that goddamn ramp another time, so I guess I won't get to see those rooms in-game.

Pros:
  • Fun bullsquid killing field at the start
  • the gonarch is trapped
Cons:
  • That ramp
  • That ramp
  • Enemies attack players on spawn
  • That ramp
  • unclear how to proceed with the rest of the map
  • I can't begin to voice my frustration with the design of that ramp.

Score: 1 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?