888 - GrandmasterJ

 


    The author of this map has a reputation for making weird, bad, short maps. This particular map consists of one room.

SCMapDB page

Author: Robootto

Date of final release: 2005

Maps in package: 1

Map review of 888

(originally posted on SCMapDB)

by GrandmasterJ | December 5, 2021 | 1147 characters

    This map is exactly what the description says, headcrabs spawn endlessly and you kill them.

    While I do appreciate the variety of weapons around, I do not appreciate that the headcrabs have so much health. I'm dumping 80 rounds from my minigun to barely kill these things. My teammate and I were using RPGs to take them down. Headcrabs just aren't that fun of an enemy to fight endlessly and by ratcheting up their health we don't even get the satisfaction of gibbing them.

    The level itself is ugly and boring.

    This could have been done a lot better. If you want to fight endless headcrabs there is probably a better map and if there isn't I guarantee you can make one.

Pros:

  • Lots of weapons
  • respawning minigun is rare and I love it

Cons:

  • Respawning headcrabs aren't fun to fight here
  • headcrabs have too much health
  • map is ugly and boring
  • you give me respawning miniguns and force me to fight headcrabs with them

Score: 1 / 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deluge - Dunkelschwamm

Zombie Squad - Dunkelschwamm

What is this place and why should I care?